This yummy recipe comes from Ming Tsai, and is adapted by me a tad to incorporate our Organic Culinary Lavender. It combines together with the ginger beautifully, enlivening this recipe with a delicate floral-spice flavor. We love it!
Makes 2 Loaves
1 lb unsalted butter
1 lb dark brown sugar
1 lb eggs (9-10 large eggs)
1 lb. all purpose flour
2 tablespoons culinary lavender “Signature Blend”
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Cooking spray with flour, for greasing pans
Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream butter.
- Add sugar and continue to cream together until light & fluffy.
- With mixer still going, add 1 egg at a time.
- In a bowl, combine flour, culinary lavender, ginger & salt. Sprinkle in flour mixture while beating & mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon into greased loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees in center of oven for 55-60 minutes. Cake will be done when deep golden brown and skewer comes out clean when inserted into center of cake. Allow to cool on wire rack, run knife around edge & release from pan. Serve slices with generous amount of whipped cream. Second loaf can be stored, wrapped tightly in freezer, for 2-4 weeks.
Enjoy with a warm cup of Gorge Wind Tea
See more Yummy Lavender recipes!