With Valentines Day coming up this weekend, Ella and I send you much Love! Live and Love “in the moment”! Oh Yes, we still have a few patches of snow in our yard, but Spring will arrive soon I promise!
For Valentines, I’ve created another recipe using my favorite floral herb, Lavender Blue. When I say, Lavender Blue, I’m talking about our lovely L. Angustifolia, or English Lavender. It has a beautiful blue color after it’s been dried. Our English culinary lavender is called Signature Blend. It’s a blend of several English lavenders, including a gorgeous white variety called Melissa.
So now for the recipe…
This delicious chewy, low-fat Blondie is one of my favorite cookie bars!! It’s so luscious and gooey, sure to drive your Sweethearts wild, begging for more 🙂
Enjoy! Happy baking!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour (I substituted ½ cup ground oatmeal in this recipe-optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp culinary English lavender (finely ground in spice/coffee grinder)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg plus 2 large egg whites
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp cider vinegar (this helps make a moist chewy Blondie w/o all the fat)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- ⅔ cups dried organic cranberries
- ¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make a foil sling for your 8 x 8 baking pan with a long piece of foil about 2 inches larger than your pan. Push foil into corners of the pan, smoothing it flush. Lightly spray with vegetable oil. Combine wet ingredients in your mixing bowl, sugar, melted butter, egg and whites, vanilla, and vinegar. Mix until smooth. Stir together dry ingredients in a small bowl, flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and culinary lavender. Add into mixing bowl and blend well. Then stir in nuts, cranberries and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out top. If you like, scatter 2 Tbsp cranberries on top. Bake 20-30 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, rotating pan halfway through baking. Let Blondies cool completely in pan, about 1 hour. Lift Blondies from the pan using foil overhang, and cut into 16 - 20 squares. Enjoy with hot chocolate or coffee. You are sure to be in Love with these tasty, chewy, gooey bars!! (Adapted from Key Ingredient)
Chewy, gooey, and simply delicious!! Begin with Organic Lavender Blue, English culinary lavender , “Signature Blend“.
Add all ingredients, and stir gently with love.
Pour batter into your prepared baking pan, and smooth out top. If you like, scatter a few cranberries on top. Bake 20-30 minutes. (These Blondies have a soft center, so when you test the center with your tooth pick, there will be a tiny bit of sticky crumbs on it) Not to worry…it’s gooey good!Allow the Blondies to cool completely. Then lift out of the pan, and cut into squares.
Enjoy these delicious Blondie treats with your sweethearts! Have a lovely Valentines Day!
Lots of Hugs,